Step 1: REACH THE CHECK-IN HALL/COUNTER
- Enter the public lobby on the 3rd floor of International Passenger Terminal T2 for check-in procedures.
- There are 4 check-in islands: A/B, C/D, E/F, G/H (each island has 24 counters, totaling 96 check-in counters).
- To find information about the counters and islands for your flights, please check the Flight Information Display Screens (FIDs) or use the iNIA app on your smartphones.
+ Vietnam Airlines: islands F/G/H
+ Other airlines: islands A/B, C/D, E/F
Step 2: CHECK-IN & LUGGAGE DROP
- Present your documents (valid passport, airline ticket or booking confirmation, and visa if applicable) to the check-in staff and drop off your checked baggage if you have any.
- Passengers are advised to arrive at least 3 hours before departure to complete the check-in process and avoid the risk of missing their flights.
Step 3: DEPARTURE IMMIGRATION
- Present your passport and other relevant identification documents for immigration officers to perform the necessary departure procedures.
- Passengers are requested to queue in the Immigration area.
+ Present your Boarding Pass and valid passport.
+ After the passport is stamped for departure, passengers will receive their passport back and proceed to the Immigration area.
Step 4: SECURITY CHECK
You are required to undergo security screening and have your hand-carried luggage X-rayed.:
• Prepare your passport and boarding pass for inspection.
Place carry-on luggage on the conveyor belt. Remove any liquids, aerosols and gels from your bag(s). Please place them separately in the tray.
Liquids, aerosols or gels which are in containers larger than 100ml are not permitted.
• Passengers remove their coats, hats, shoes/sandals, socks, face masks, and place them in the tray along with other carried items.
• Walk through the metal detector area. (*Note: Passengers may be subject to enhanced security screening if necessary.)
Step 5: CUSTOMS
Passengers carrying cash exceeding 5000 USD or 15,000,000 Vietnamese Dong or other equivalent currencies must declare at the customs checkpoint.
• VAT Refund
Passengers are eligible for VAT refund if they meet the following conditions:
• They are foreign nationals and do not possess a Vietnamese passport.
• They are not flight crew members on flights departing from Vietnam to other countries.
• The goods/items are carried by the passengers on the flight.
• The purchases were made at eligible tax refund shops within the territory of Vietnam.
Step 6: TO YOUR GATE & BOARDING
• Gate number 20 to 28 are located on the right side of the terminal (when entering from the security check area) - East wing.
• Gate number 29 and 30 are located in the central area of the terminal.
• Gate number 31 to 36 are located on the left side of the terminal - West wing.
(The specific locations of the aircraft exits are marked on the terminal map).
Passengers should check their boarding pass and the nearest FID screen to find the correct gate for boarding. Passengers present their boarding pass and personal documents to the ground
staff to board the aircraft.